How I Replenish My D3 Levels


  1. I first get a blood value.
  2. My goal is to bring the client up to 80 nmol/L (International Units) or 32 ng/ml. (Standard Units)
  3. Based on the above, I adjust the dosage accordingly.
  4. For some physiological reason yet to be fully explained by science, a bolus dose twice a week, seems to work better than the same dose divided over 7 days. In other words, 35,000 IU twice a week works better than 10,000 IU every day for 7 days. I learned this trick from Dr. Tim Hall M.D. from Colorado Springs last May while he was attending the BioSignature seminar in New York City. I have applied his tip, and found that it does work faster at replenishing vitamin D levels than dosing it every day.
  5. So lets say, I have a French Canadian lifter name Joe-Louis Buveuxdepepsi who presents with a vitamin D level of 14 nmol/L, which is abysmal, then I would use 50,000 IU twice a week for 8 weeks, then recheck his levels. That would be 10 capsules of D3 Excellence twice a week. If he is now at lets say 62 nmol/L, then I would drop it to 35,000 IU for twice a week for a month, then recheck the levels.
  6. Since the test is covered by most insurance companies, and that is very cheap, if not covered 12-40 dollars in most countries, testing it once a month does not make you a bad person, and it allows to adjust the dosage much better.
  7. It is a wise practice to also measure red blood cell levels of magnesium zinc when measuring vitamin D.
  8. If the client does not replenish it rapidly, I up the dosage of magnesium and vitamin E. Since zinc is synergistic to all nutrients, upping the zinc often also helps.

No comments: